This is such a simple and so delicious recipe. Now I can’t take full credit for this, because I originally saw it on The Pioneer Women, but she cooked it in a dutch oven and roasted it in the oven for 6 hours. I adapted it and used my crock pot instead and it came out perfectly.
1. Chop up 1 large onion and put it in your crock pot.
2. Set 1 whole pork shoulder (or otherwise known as pork butt) on top of the onions.
3. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Dump 1 can (11oz) of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (use less if you want a milder taste)
5. Pour 2 cans of Dr. Pepper, trust me on this one.
6. Set the heat on low and let it cook for 6-10 hours.
The sugars from the Dr. Pepper makes the meat so sweet and super tender and juicy and the chipotle peppers add in a nice spice. Serve it with flour tortillas and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa … you get the idea!